Whether you exchange presents with your other half on Valentine’s Day or not, it is always fun to find a few new items to help brighten the winter blues. Valentine’s Day is also a good excuse to buy a little happy for your mom, sister or friend. We might even buy a few of these goodies for ourselves! If you need more inspiration, many of last year’s items from the his and hers gift guide are still available.
Gifts for Her
1. J.Crew Striped Shirt ($45) 2. Golden Heart Barrette ($68) 3. Leather Heart Key Chain ($39) 4. Madewell Jacquard Scarf ($55) 5. J.Crew Sunglasses ($118) 6. The Giving Keys Lock Pendant ($54) 7. Liv Haley Pink Opal Earrings ($186) 8. Kate Spade All in Good Taste ($16.63) 9. Cherries iPhone Case ($35) 10. Eberjey Short Pajamas ($102) 11. Clare V Petit Simple Tote ($295) 12. Heart U Bangle ($49)
Gifts for Him
1. The History of Surfing ($35.41) 2. Valentine’s Day Vouchers ($8.95) 3. Fitbit Charge HR ($149.95) 4. Johnnie-O Men’s Graphic Tee ($38) 5. Kiel James Patrick Leather Bracelet ($58) 6. Tovolo Ice Molds ($11) 7. New Balance Sneakers ($170) 8. Johnnie-O “Prep-formance” Rain Jacket ($125) 9. UE Wireless Speaker ($118) 10. J.Crew Hearts and Arrows Boxers ($18.50)
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Hallman + Ashley
We love giving gifts, just as much as we love receiving them…and even more so when we know that they give a little back! In fact, some of the most amazing gifts are ones we give to friends and family that we know give back to causes that hold a special place in our hearts. There are so many brands that offer opportunities for charitable giving, but one of our recent favorites is August handbags. Jenna Jackson’s locally sourced and manufactured line of handbags follows the one for one approach to giving. August donates a backpack to kids in need for every handbag sold. Jenna’s line offers something for everyone, but we especially love this convertible clutch and this tote that are perfect for all our holiday travels.
Because there are still a few days of holiday shopping left, we have put together a selection of our favorite and fabulously stylish “gifts that give back”.
1. August Chelsea Clutch ($378), 2. Fortune Culture Bracelet ($45), 3. Feed Striped Boatneck ($45), 4. Ann Taylor Elephant Ring ($39.50), 5. Warby Parker Durand Sunglasses ($195), 6. Badala Olive Wood Cheese Board Set ($68), 7. Bloom and Grace Tassel Earrings ($95), 8. Josie Maran Pure Argan Oil ($48), 9. Fresh Suga(RED) Lip Treatment ($22.50), 10. The Little Market Woven Bowl ($32), 11. August Giant Hakone Tote ($398)
Ashley + Hallman
‘Tis the season for gift giving and we are definitely shopping at mach speed these days searching of the perfect gifts for family and friends. There is something so exciting about finding the perfect gift for a loved one, but sometimes it can be hard to find that perfect one…even for our husbands! We of course always include a few of our favorite Johnnie-O items under the tree for our better halves. This holiday we are particularly in love with the look of this plaid button down paired with a vest. Once you check those essentials off the list it’s time to start thinking about other gifts they might love. Not to worry, we have you covered! We’ve put together our annual gift guide for guys and girls. We couldn’t forget about the ladies, after all…our husbands need to know what we want too!
Gifts for the Girls
1. Layered Charm Necklace ($179-$189), 2. Leather Tassel Key Chain ($49), 3. J.Crew Pom Pom Scarf ($75), 4. Sonnet James Reese Dress ($148), 5. Gorjana Ear Climbers ($50), 6. J.Crew D’Orsay Pumps ($328), 7. Gisele Sleep Shirt ($86) 8. Liv Haley Open Cuff Bangle ($260), 9. Strathberry of Scottland Mini Bag ($340), 10. UGG Cozy Knit Slippers ($130), 11. Joco Coffee Mug ($26.95), 12. Sugar Paper Brass letter Opener ($120)
Gifts for the Guys
1. Johnnie O Buckley Button Down ($98), 2. Jimmy Fallon for J.Crew Pocket Dial ($48), 3. Marcel Pajama Pant ($128) 4. Bacon and Eggleston T-shirt ($48) 5. Shake Cocktail Book ($18.49), 6. SeaVees Sneakers ($108), 7. S’well Water Bottle ($45), 8. Johnnie O Marshall Jacket ($195), 9. Cooler Tube (24.95) 10. Harwick Duffle Bag ($98) 11. Working Man’s Hygiene Kit ($98)
Many of the items on last year’s gift guide are still available in case you need a few more ideas!
Ashley + Hallman
We love any excuse to get together with our girlfriends, so we always look forward to gift exchange parties! Showing up with a good gift is essential! It doesn’t have to be extravagant to be great, but it can be overwhelming to try and find the perfect gift amongst all the treasures out there right now. We’ve made it easy for you and put together a list with a ton of great gifts in a variety of price ranges. These gifts would also be great for friends, teachers and colleagues.
Gift Exchange: Fashion
1. Zara rings ($15.90), 2. Nude Nail Polish Trio ($24), 3. Stella & Dot Crescent Necklace ($49), 4. Rebecca Minkoff Ear Climber & Stud ($48), 5. Banana Republic Bracelet ($38), 6. Urban Decay Smokey Eye Palette ($54), 7. Emanuel Geraldo Blanket Scarf ($26), 8. Gold Stripe Tote ($26.95), 9. Beauty Counter Day to Night Lip Goss Set ($45)
Gift Exchange: Home
1. Gold Rimmed Coasters ($39.80), 2. Rifle Paper Co. Gold Foil Journals ($14.95) 3. Chain Key Ring ($19.90), 4. Stars & Dots Tea Towels ($28), 5. S’well Love Water Bottle ($35) 6. Pineapple Pencil Holder ($16), 7. Elephant Jewelry Dish ($14.95), 8. Gold Cheese Knives ($29), 9. Round Cheese Slate ($29.95), 10. Huckleberry Cookbook ($25.58)
Many of our items on last year’s gift exchange gift guide are still available in case you need a few more ideas.
Hallman + Ashley
Father’s Day is coming up and and we want to make our husbands feel special. Being able to sleep in, having a special breakfast or a little free time to go surfing or play golf is all most Dads want on Father’s Day, but we found a few fabulous gifts that are sure to be a welcome addition to any celebration for Dad! The men in our houses wear a lot of Johnnie-O so we definitely wanted to get them a few new items for Summer. We also love to give food gifts and the gift baskets from Loveless Cafe and Man Crates have some wonderful options. You can never go wrong with gadgets: a fancy pair of headphones or a pocket knife that is actually a cocktail tool are sure to be a hit. We also found this cool yard dice game that would be fun for Dad to play with the kids. Whatever you do on Father’s Day, give Dad a little time to relax…and don’t forget the homemade card!
1. Loveless Cafe gift basket 2. johnnie-O button down 3. johnnie-o hat 4. Cocktail Tool 5. Johnnie-O flip flops 6. Master & Dynamic headphones 7. yard dice game 8. Man Crate, Hickory Grilling Crate
Happy Father’s Day!
Hallman + Ashley
We recently got back from staying with friends for the weekend and it got us talking about the perfect host’s gift. Whether you are going over to someone’s house for dinner, a pool day or staying for the weekend it is always nice to arrive with a thank you gift for your hosts. Our only rule for a host’s gift is that it does not add anything extra to their plate. If you bring flowers, also bring a vase so your host does not have to scramble to find one. If you bring food, bring it in a serving dish. As long as you keep it simple, everyone will be happy!
There are so many thoughtful ways to say thank you to your host. We often bring fresh berries because no matter what the host is serving, fresh berries can be included as part of the meal or the dessert. Flowers are always welcome and you do not need to be a florist to create a beautiful arrangement. We like to bring arrangements made up of the same flower in a simple glass vase or mason jar. Tie a ribbon on the vase and it looks extra festive, but if you do like to arrange flowers, a simple hand-tied bouquet makes it that much easier to transport.
You can also never go wrong with a gift and we have picked a few of our favorite items to give as gifts to your hosts. These gifts are items that anyone would enjoy and can also be sent before you arrive!
1. Mark & Graham cocktail napkins ($40) 2. Murray’s Cheese Manchengo Set ($60) 3. Suite One Studio ring dish ($30) 4. Pencil Shavings Studio Lucite Tray ($42+) 5. Wind & Willow mini planters ($32) 6. Serena & Lily bocce ball gift set 7. Bouquet from Bouqs ($40+)
Hallman + Ashley
Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away! Most moms would be a happy with a card or breakfast in bed, but a gift never hurts! Whether you need to find the perfect gift for your mother or you need to drop hints with your kids or your husband, we have put together a list that has something for everyone!
1. Classic Gold Locket Necklace ($149) 2. Sugarfina Bento Box ($60) 3. Studio One Studio Aqua and Gold Ring Dish ($30) 4. Sarah Chloe Ring ($298) 5. Boden pajama bottoms ($48) 6. Mark & Graham Bermuda Bag ($79) 7. Artifact Uprising Print + Wood Cleat ($59) 8. Lucia Soap Set ($18.95) 9. Stella & Dot scarf ($59) 10. Sugar Paper recipe binder ($60)
Happy Mother’s Day!
Hallman + Ashley