We love any excuse to get together with our girlfriends, so we always look forward to gift exchange parties! Showing up with a good gift is essential! It doesn’t have to be extravagant to be great, but it can be overwhelming to try and find the perfect gift amongst all the treasures out there right now. We’ve made it easy for you and put together a list with a ton of great gifts in a variety of price ranges. These gifts would also be great for friends, teachers and colleagues.
Gift Exchange: Fashion
1. Zara rings ($15.90), 2. Nude Nail Polish Trio ($24), 3. Stella & Dot Crescent Necklace ($49), 4. Rebecca Minkoff Ear Climber & Stud ($48), 5. Banana Republic Bracelet ($38), 6. Urban Decay Smokey Eye Palette ($54), 7. Emanuel Geraldo Blanket Scarf ($26), 8. Gold Stripe Tote ($26.95), 9. Beauty Counter Day to Night Lip Goss Set ($45)
Gift Exchange: Home
1. Gold Rimmed Coasters ($39.80), 2. Rifle Paper Co. Gold Foil Journals ($14.95) 3. Chain Key Ring ($19.90), 4. Stars & Dots Tea Towels ($28), 5. S’well Love Water Bottle ($35) 6. Pineapple Pencil Holder ($16), 7. Elephant Jewelry Dish ($14.95), 8. Gold Cheese Knives ($29), 9. Round Cheese Slate ($29.95), 10. Huckleberry Cookbook ($25.58)
Many of our items on last year’s gift exchange gift guide are still available in case you need a few more ideas.
Hallman + Ashley
Our first makers posts on abstract artists and paint caroline were so popular that we decided to share a few more fabulous artists with you. Many of you told us that you wanted help finding art for your home so we looked high and low to find some amazing artists that we hope you will love as much as we do! The great thing about these artists is that they sell original paintings and prints, so no matter what your budget, you can find something beautiful to add to your home.
Patricia Vargas of Parima Creative Studio
Particia Vargas says, “My goal is to create paintings and prints that exhibit positivity, vibrance, and will put a smile on your face every time you take a look at it.” Her paintings definitely make us smile and we love the color and texture of her work. Our favorite part about Parima Creative Studio’s etsy shop is that she shows you her favorite pairings of her art. Brillant!
Britt Bass Turner
The minute we saw the work of Britt Bass Turner we fell in love with the color and movement in her paintings. Her work is colorful, playful and has a great energy.
Jen Ramos of Made by Girl
We kept seeing Jen Ramos of Made by Girl‘s color series art all over the social media and we know why. Her color series collection is simple, beautiful and so refreshing! No matter what colors you love, you will find a piece that can add a subtle dose of color to any space. Jen also makes abstract art, paper goods, iphone cases and more!
Hallman + Ashley
We love to make things and we are always on the look out for other “makers”. Today is the beginning of a new series on these makers. Every now and then we will feature makers that make pretty things that we love. These makers may be designers, artists, photographers, crafters, jewelry designers….there is really nothing that is off limits. There are so many creative, talented people out there and we are excited to share a few of them with you!
Today, we kick off the series with a few artists that we have stumbled upon on Etsy over the last few months. Etsy is a great place to look for affordable art prints, especially if you want a small piece to add to a gallery wall or put on a bookshelf. This week we are featuring 3 abstract artists:
Emily Rickard Fine Art
We spotted Emily Rickard’s Sweet Fig print on a gallery wall in Studio DIY‘s studio and we totally fell in love. There is no doubt that we love color and this print is totally captivating. We love the color and the texture. Emily’s etsy shop is filled with many, many beautiful paintings and if you don’t have room on your wall you can buy a pillow or a tote bag with her art on Society6.
Sweet Fig Print
Siiso Visual Art
Yangyang Pan’s art is vibrant and dramatic and we cannot stop staring at her beautiful pieces. Her paintings are filled with color and texture that just make us happy. Hallman recently bought this Cloud print for a gallery wall and she loves it!
Like Williams Studio
If you love blue the way we love blue, Vivi Wheaton’s Etsy shop is the place for you. Her pieces are dynamic and soothing at the same time. Prints of her large abstracts come in a range of sizes and she offers custom options as well.
Like William Studio Print
Like William Studio Print
Hallman + Ashley
We are all for quick and easy ways to update a room, and a few new throw pillows can change the whole look of a room and make it feel fresh and new. Pillows come in a huge range of styles and prices and can be a great way to try a makeover your room without making drastic changes.
Here are a few tips for when adding throw pillows to your room:
- Use an odd number of pillows. You may want to use one statement pillow on your bed or in a chair, and 3 or 5 on your sofa.
- Mix patterns, colors, textures and shapes to create a “pillow-scape” that works with the other elements in the room.
- Avoid being too matchy. Pillows are an easy way to have fun with a room so experiment with different combinations.
- While you do not want to be too matchy, make sure all the pillows in the room relate to each other, even if they are not next to each other.
- Down and feather fill are less stiff, look more lush and give the pillow a fuller shape.
Tieing the Room Together
We love the way this colorful tassel pillow brings this beautiful bedroom together and gives it a focal point.
Photo from Refinerie
Anchoring a Room
These striped pillows are bold and clean and anchor this colorful living room perfectly.
Photo from Design Mom
This sofa is layered with a few of our favorite fabrics from Quadrille and Brunschwig & Fils. Pillows are a great place to layer fabrics and colors, but it may take some trial and error before you find the best combination for your space. Many home stores will let you take pillows out on “memo”, which means you can try them out in your home for a 24 hour period to see if you like them, and then bring them back to the store if they don’t work for you.
Photo from Shelter Interior Design
Making a Statement
We love graphic patterns and this David Hicks La Fiorentina fabric is an all time favorite and makes a statement as a throw pillow. Bold colors and patterns are a great addition to any room and can really bring the room to life.
Photo from Belly Button
You can always have a throw pillow made out of your favorite fabric, but if you are not working with an interior designer or don’t have the time to get something made, you can often find throw pillows in your favorite fabric on Etsy. We also love to shop at Hable Construction, One Kings Lane, Domino, Lulu & Georgia, Furbish Studios, Anthropoligie, just to name a few! Here are some of our favorite throw pillows available in stores now to help you started on your search:
1. Serena & Lily Herringbone Pillow ($68) 2. Silk Ikat Pillow ($99) 3. DL Rhein Chrysanthemum Pillow ($80) 4. Yellow Spotted Silk Pillow ($45) 5. Trina Turk Mira Mesa Pillow ($110) 6. Trina Turk Palm Spring Block Pillow ($100) 7. Danda Pillow ($118) 8.Talika Pillow ($66) 9. Pink & Batik Hmong Pillow Pair ($295)
Hallman + Ashley